Inspector Looks For Cause Of Carbon Monoxide Leak At Dunmore Hotel – Pahomepage.com

The search for answers continues in Dunmore Dunmore, Lackawanna County- An inspector is searching for answers at the Best Western Hotel in Dunmore, after a carbon monoxide leak. More than two dozen people were taken to hospitals after being exposed to the deadly gas. An inspector will try to figure out what caused a carbon monoxide leak around 30 people were taken to area hospitals after being exposed to the deadly gas at the Best Western in Dunmore. Hundreds of people were forced to evacuate the hotel Sunday morning. The Dunmore fire chief believes the leak was caused by a malfunctioning furnace. Guests were checked out by emergency officials outside and allowed back in a few hours later to grab their belongings. The hotel remains closed at this time. According to a Geisinger C-M-C Spokesperson almost all of the people treated at the hospital have been released.at this point it’s unclear whether the building had working carbon monoxide detectors installed. Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.
For the original version of this article including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.pahomepage.com/story/d/story/inspector-looks-for-cause-of-carbon-monoxide-leak/29871/mKdU518dm0mo40gOk-YEfA